Monday, January 24, 2011

Will You Dance For It?


Habakkuk 3: 17-19

17Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
 18Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
 19The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Brother JJ Bourne recently asked a question of our church... Will You Dance For It? 
This was very puzzling and most of us did not understand what he meant to ask. I have pondered this question for months trying to understand what the Bishop meant us to know. I believe I have found the answer in Habakkuk. Can you dance with joy before the Lord when everything in your life is in chaos? Can you worship the Lord with all your heart when your heart is broken? How much do you love the Lord? Does your love for the Lord cover the loss of family, friends, money, houses, land? Can you worship when everything seems to be gone? 

Matthew 10: 37-39

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Blesses Be the Name of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive